I have not bought makeup in 2018.
Yes, I’ve purchased skincare (I’m obsessed!), but I have really made an effort to stop purchasing and start trying products that have been sitting unopened in my collection for a while.
However, my buying freeze might be put on temporary hold because it’s time for one of my favorite events of the year: Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty!
During this biannual sale, Ulta discounts the products we already know and love up to 50% off (!!!) during a 3-week period. The sale began today and runs through Saturday, April 7, so RUN to your nearest Ulta (or ulta.com).
A little background info and a few words of wisdom:
- Beauty Steals are available for one day – and one day only! They are special savings of up to 50% on Ulta’s most-loved brands. If there’s something you want, grab it NOW because it won’t be on sale tomorrow and it will sell out fast because quantities are limited. Buy early (and often).
- Most steals are online and in store, but some are online only. Plan accordingly.
- Hot Buys are additional offers of up to 40% off and are available during 21 Days of Beauty. Browse this section if you need to spend a little more to get free shipping when ordering online.
- Ulta Beauty Collection items are also on sale during the event, but the items change depending on which week you buy. Plan accordingly, and use these big discounts to get that free shipping when purchasing online. I haven’t listed these products below because I don’t feel strongly about any of them, but you can see everything on Ulta’s website.
- Many of these items have a limit on how many you can buy at one time, so bring a friend, know where your closest Ulta stores are, be prepared to make more than one online purchase in a day, etc.
Here are my picks for this year’s 21 Days of Beauty sale, organized by sale type, day, and what I’ve tried/what I’m curious about. I’ve done the research and gathered the links so that you don’t have to. Happy shopping!
Daily Beauty Steals
These are one-day-only sales. Some are in store and online and some are online only.
Products I’ve tried:
Monday, March 19
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Anti-Aging Finishing Powder – Normally $29, on sale for $14.50: I will probably purchase this. I used to use the loose version of this powder and really loved it, but pressed powders are always easier to manage and travel with. Plus, I’m almost out of the e.l.f. translucent powder I’m using (that I really love), so the timing on this one is perfect!
Friday, March 23
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Singles – Normally $20, On sale for $10: To put it simply, Urban Decay does eyeshadow right. I don’t have many singles from UD, but I have several palettes and they are all good. I’ve hit pan on a few of my favorite shades in palettes, so I plan to stock up on a few in the single form.
Sunday, March 25
- IT Brushes for Ulta Airbrush Smoothing Foundation Brush #102 – Normally $22, on sale for $11: I have quite a few IT Cosmetics brushes from Ulta, and I can’t say enough good things about them. They are so soft and durable and they really get the job done!
- Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer – Normally, $31, on sale for $15.50: I have loved this primer for a long time for blurring and concealing my pores on and around my nose. I need to check and see how much I have left in my current tube, but I will probably purchase. This deal is a Platinum Perk and online only.
Thursday, March 29
- Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara – Normally $24, on sale for $12: I wasn’t sure about this mascara at first, but I ended up really liking it. It’s great for lengthening and defining lashes. The tube lasted a while, too!
Saturday, March 31
- Mario Badescu – Entire brand 25% off: I’m a big fan of the Facial Spray With Aloe, Herb, and Rosewater, and I’m currently out, so I’ll probably pick up one or two of those (I love keeping one on my desk and one in my purse to freshen up throughout the day). I’m also curious about the Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea and the Drying Lotion.
Saturday, April 7
- Mac Prep + Prime Fix+ – Normally $26, on sale for $13: I LOVE THIS to dampen my beauty blender, set my makeup, refresh my skin/makeup throughout the day, wet my makeup brushes to make eyeshadows (especially shimmery shadows) more vibrant. I need some and definitely plan on purchasing!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – Normally $23, on sale for $11.50: I really like this mascara. It’s lengthening and volumizing!
Products I’m curious about and might buy:
Sunday, March 18 (TODAY! THERE’S STILL TIME!)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara – Normally $23, on sale for $10: Y’all know me; I’m a mascara junkie through and through, and this is one I haven’t tried. I have still have quite a few unopened mascaras in my stash to try, but I’ve heard good things about this one andddd it’s only $10.
Monday, March 19
- Origins Ginzing SPF 40 Energy-Boosting Tinted Moisturizer – Normally $38, on sale for $19: I love Origins, especially the ginzing energizing line. I find that it’s nourishing and brightening to my dry skin, and I really can’t ask for more than that. Plus, I’m all about SPF and comfortable coverage during the warmer months, so this product (assuming I like it) will be a staple all spring and summer. This deal is online only.
Wednesday, March 21
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water – Normally $32, on sale for $16: With my dry skin, I need it to be hydration station on my face all the time. Primer waters are great to prep and prime your skin before makeup and hydrate the skin and they usually always play well with skincare products (facial oils, moisturizers, SPF, etc.). I love the Urban Decay primer spray, so I’m curious about this one. Plus, I use the regular foundation primer pretty regularly, so I’d be interested to see how the spray compares.
- Persona Identity Eyeshadow Palette – Normally $32, on sale for $16: I have not personally tried this product, and I won’t be purchasing it because I have sooooo many palettes in rotation (and waiting to be used), BUT Jessica Braun (a YouTube-r I follow) RAVES about this palette, and I trust her opinion on a lot of skincare and makeup because our skin types and preferences seem similar. This deal is online only.
Thursday, March 22
- Buxom Full-On Lip Cream – Normally $20, on sale for $10
Monday, March 26
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter or First Light Priming Filter – Normally $38, on sale for $19
- First Aid Beauty Love your FAB Skin – Normally $44, on sale for $22: This deal is online only.
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Volume Mascara – Normally $27.50, on sale for $13.75
Tuesday, March 27
- Kopari Coconut Melt – Normally $28, on sale for $14: I have been curious about Kopari for a while now. I mean, coconut, hydration, GET ALL OVER MY BODY. This deal is online only.
Friday, March 30
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – Normally $21, on sale for $10.50
Saturday, March 31
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil – Normally $21, on sale for $10.50: My go-to brow product is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo, but everyone raves about the Brow Wiz.
Monday, April 2
- Butter London Eye Glosses – Normally $24, on sale for $12: I know myself, and I’m not likely to love (or even use) something that’s tough to handle, but Jessica and other influencers love these so Butter London must be doing something right.
Thursday, April 5
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Normally $22-24, on sale for $11-12
- Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream – Normally $45, on sale for $22.50: I am OBSESSED with Skyn Iceland’s Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, so I’m super interested in how cooling and soothing this eye cream is for tired eyes. My only hesitation is that I have extremely dry undereyes and have my eyecare (like skincare for your eyes?) routine down pat. I’m a little nervous to change it up. This deal is online only.
Friday, April 6
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – Normally $57, on sale for $28.50: I’m slowly overhauling my skincare routine (more on this to come!) and need to work in an exfoliant that I use a few times every week. This one looks promising, but I might hold off on purchasing the full size until I can purchase and try the trial size and see how my skin reacts.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer – Normally $28, on sale for $14: I have heard such amazing things about the Double Wear Foundation (it’s on my list to try!), so I’m curious if the concealer is just as amazing! Remember when 2018 was going to be my year of finding my holy grail concealer? I feel like this would be a great first step. This deal is online only.
These marked-down products are on sale throughout the entire event.
- Tarte Ready, Set, Radiant Skin Mist – Normally $25, on sale for $15: Like I mentioned earlier, I’m on a skincare kick, which includes facial mists and I haven’t tried this one yet.
- Leaders – Entire Brand – Normally $5-35, on sale for $3-21: I love so many of Leaders’ sheet masks. Some of my favorites are: What Happened Last Night, Breakup with Your Ex-Skin Cells, Teatree Relaxing Renewal Mask, Amazonian Acai Anti-Pollution Mask, Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask This deal is online only.
- Patchology Spoiled Rotten At-Home Pampering Kit – Normally $25, on sale for $17.50: I’ve never used anything by Patchology, but I’ve heard their eye patches are to die for. This deal is online only.
There you have it: my roundup of this years Ulta 21 Days of Beauty sale! I plan to do some unboxings and reviews here and on Instagram as products arrive. Be sure to follow along!
What are you excited about in this sale? What have you purchased or do you plan to purchase? I’d love to know!